Indoor air pollution is caused by a combination of particles like pollen, dust, pet dander, mold spores and smoke combined with ozone, invisible gases and volatile organic compounds which are emitted by building materials, furniture, carpeting, paint, cleaning and personal care products.
INDOOR POLLUTION CAUSES EPIDEMIC LEVELS OF BOTH SHORT AND LONG TERM SYMPTOMS
SHORT TERM RISKS:
- ITCHY THROAT OR NOSE
- ITCHY WATERY EYES
- ITCHY SKIN
- NASAL CONGESTION
- RUNNY NOSE
- STOMACH ACHE
LONG TERM RISKS:
- RESPIRATORY DISEASES
- HEART DISEASE
Every day we breathe 15,000 liters of air and the toxins pass through our lungs and are circulated to the heart, liver, kidneys, brain and other organs. According to the World Health Organization long-term exposure to ambient particulate matter (PM) concentrations leads to a marked reduction in life expectancy. The reduction in life expectancy is primarily due to increased cardio-pulmonary and lung cancer mortality. Increases are likely in lower respiratory symptoms and reduced lung function in children, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and reduced lung function in adults.
PROFESSIONAL AIR QUALITY THAT YOU CAN AFFORD
AIR Doctor is the first affordable air purifier that not only removes almost 100% of particles but also the vast majority of toxic ozone, volatile organic chemicals and gases.
ONLY THE AIR DOCTOR HAS THESE 6 UNIQUE FEATURES:
- 100 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE WITH STATE-OF-THE-ART ULTRAHEPA. The ULTRAHEPA filter is 100 times more effective than ordinary HEPA filters and is able to capture 99.99% of the most dangerous ultra fine PM 2.5 particles.
- PATENTED DUAL ACTION CARBON/GAS TRAP/VOC FILTER. The AIR Doctor combines the ULTRAHEPA filter with proprietary dual action Carbon/Gas Trap/VOC Filter. This removes dangerous ozone, gas, and volatile, organic compounds like formaldehyde.
- 100% SEALED SYSTEM. You can only purify the air, if the air passes through the filter and does not avoid the filter by passing through unsealed leaks. The AIR Doctor is a 100% sealed system to ensure all the air you breathe is pure and filtered.
- AUTO-MODE TAKES THE GUESSWORK OUT OF CLEAN AIR. Air Doctor's Auto-Mode uses a professional-grade air quality sensor to assess the air quality in the room and immediately adjust to the correct level of filtration.
- CHANGE FILTER ALERT. An indicator light on AIR Doctor tells you when it's time to replace the filters.
- QUIET PERFORMANCE. AIR Doctor uses our exclusive Professional WhisperJet fans that are 30% quieter than the fans found in ordinary air purifiers. That means you can run AIR Doctor at the highest speeds while still enjoying a peaceful home environment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is CADR?
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate, and it is standardized system for reporting the effectiveness of a particular air purifier in removing smoke, dust and pollen from the air. The higher the number the more effective the air purifier will be.
Q: What is the CADR for Air Doctor?
Air Doctor is independently tested by Intertek laboratories. The smoke CADR for Air Doctor is 326, the dust is 343, the pollen is 373. When operated with the Gas Trap VOC filter, which removes pollutants in gas state (VOC's) and restricts the air flow by about 10%, these numbers are reduced by about 10%.
Q: What is UltraHEPA™?
HEPA is an acronym for High Efficiency Particulate Air. These filters are designed to capture particles that is 0.3 Microns. UltraHEPA™ captures particle down to 0.003 Microns. That is 100 times smaller than regular HEPA.
Q: Does Air Doctor have an Air Ionizer?
Air Doctor does feature an Air Ionizer which can be turned on or off, as you choose. Air Ionizers can help remove particulates, microbes and odors from your room, leaving it smelling fresh.
Q: How often should I change the filters?
How long the filters last depends on a couple of different factors. Specifically, the quality of the air in your home AND how many hours per day you operate your unit. Based on the air quality in the average home in the United States and Canada and 24/7 operation, the Gas Trap VOC filter should last 6 months and the UltraHEPA™ filter should last a full 12 months before they need to be replaced.
If you operate your Air Doctor for only 12 hours per day, then the Gas Trap VOC filter should last 1 year and the UltraHEPA™ filter should last a full 2 years before they need to be replaced (in homes with average air quality). We recommend that you leave your Air Doctor set to Auto, which will allow your device to adjust automatically, based on the filtering needs inside your home.
Q: How do I know when it's time to change the filters?
Your Air Doctor comes with an automatic sensor which notifies you when it's time to replace each of the two filters mentioned above. (Note: There is also a 3rd pre-filter, which can be easily removed and washed. With proper care and under normal operating conditions, this filter should not need to be replaced.
Q: How much do these filters cost?
Both the Gas Trap VOC filter and the UltraHEPA™ filter are available for $59.95 each, plus shipping and processing.
Q: How long is Air Doctor™ warrantied for?
Air Doctor™ comes with a one-year limited warranty. Filters are consumables and are not covered under this warranty.
Q: Why has the fan speed on my Air Doctor™ changed by itself?
If you have auto mode selected, it might have detected polluted air, causing Air Doctor™ to increase the fan speed in order to clean the air faster.
Q: How much space will the Air Doctor™ cover?
The Air Doctor™ is powerful enough to filter all of the air in a 2400 sq. ft. room once every hour.
Q: How much does Air Doctor™ weigh?
Air Doctor™ weighs approx. 18 pounds.
(W) 15.75 x (D)8.25 x (H)23 inches.